Termite Damage In Queensland Homes
If you live in the Brisbane or Gold Coast suburbs, you need to know about termites. Queensland has become a breeding ground for termite infestations and termite damage is now a leading factor in deciding whether to buy or turn down a property for sale.
If you who want to know what professionals in real estate and pest control industries are recommending to homeowners, here are 3 things that you should know about protecting your investment. Nicholas Favreau from Pro Pest Control Brisbane recommends every home owner or prospecive buyers to get a timber pest inspection. “We tell our customers with timber framed properties to have yearly inspections done. If you are thinking of buying a property always book a termite inspection prior to sining any contracts” Mr Favreau said. “The presence of termites will desrease the property value signnificantly”, he added.
Learn How to Detect the Presence of Termites
The first line of defense in protecting your investment is recognizing the signs of termites. Homeowners should always make sure that they are looking for problem areas like mud tunnels, skirting boards, and blistering paint.
These signs indicate that the termites have begun to eat the wood underneath the surfaces. Because there is also an increased number of infestations in these areas, homeowners must always stay on guard to identify these issues as early as possible.
Early detection will not only keep infested areas from spreading more but also save tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in structural damage.
Correcting problems early can avoid issues such as decreased property value. These problems could result in a 25% reduction in the home’s present value and more, based on the situation.
Learn How to Prevent Infestations
Because a termite infestation can be a devastating problem, homeowners should be aware of tell-tale signs. Below are a few tips to prevent termite infestations becoming a problem:
- Keep the home clean on the inside and outside so that there is no type of debris or other items lying around the home. Dead branches, timber, and other kinds of building materials are definitely problems. They can help to facilitate and breed these environments.
- To keep an infestation free environment on the outside of the home, all timber and firewood must be stored in a secure place that is lifted up off of the ground. These storage places must also be made of either concrete or metal materials instead of wood materials.
- Make sure there are no moist places present around the home. Because termites need a place that is moist to survive, the following items can present big problems:
- Standing water
- Broken pipes
These moist areas are great breeding grounds for termites. Therefore, if someone identifies a potential for termite colony development, these environments must be fixed and corrected immediately. Check more here.
Call in Professionals for Treatment
If you think your home could have termites contact a pest control company to inspect the property. You need a solution to correct the problems right away. One of the best ways to handle these types of problems is to hire a professional exterminator. The professional must be from the termite pest control industry. These professionals are trained in a number of different areas including the following:
- Recognizing the signs
- Identifying areas where they can easily hide
- Treating the home with a treatment that will kill the entire infestation
To prevent unnecessary problems with termite infestations, it is important that homeowners devise a plan. This plan should consist of learning how to identify termites easily, training family members.
Also, how to keep the property and home termite free and learning when to call professional termite companies to inspect and eradicate the infestation.